Saturday, January 03, 2009

Self-Esteem Scale

Instruction:
Read each item below and then indicate how well each statement describes you using the following response scale:

0= extremely uncharacteristic ( not at all like me)
1= uncharacteristic (somewhat unlike me)
2= neither characteristic nor uncharacteristic
3= characteristic (somewhat like me)
4= extremely characteristic (very much like me)

__ 1. On the whole, I am satisfied with myself.

__ 2. At times I think I am no good at all. *

__ 3. I feel that I have a number of good qualities.

__ 4. I am able to do things as well as most other people.

__ 5. I feel I do not h ave much to be proud of.*

__ 6. I certainly feel useless at times.*

__ 7. I feel that I'm a person of worth, at least an equal place with others.

__ 8. I wish I could have more respect for myself. *

__ 9. All in all, I am inclined to feel that I am a failure. *

__ 10. I take a positive attitude toward myself.

Directions for scoring:
~ Before summing all 10 items to find out your total self esteem score, recode those with an asterisk (*) so that:
....... 0 = 4, 1 = 3, 2 = 2, 3 = 1,4 = 0.....


Interpreatation of Self-Esteem Scale
Your total self esteem score can range from 0 to 40, with a higher score indicating a higher level of self esteem.

Score > 20 generally positive attitudes towards the self.
Score< 20 generally negative attitudes towards the self.


my results: -ve...=.="

No comments: